Sunday 4 July 2010

Happy Birfday America!

No fireworks for us this year, but we did go see Toy Story 3 this morning with Andrew, Melissa and the kids.

We're getting ready to have visitors from the states arrive.  Dave and Sarah hit the ground at 6:30 in the morning.  We've got big plans for their time here and probably won't be updating the blog this week.  Rest assured we'll come back with some good stuff to keep you all entertained.

One quick thing from this week. We had a little visitor that we weren't expecting, and perhaps little isn't quite the word to describe him.  We were sitting and watching tv when all of a sudden Leah's eyes bulge out of her head and she points at the wall, where I see this:


Now bear in mind, we are in the middle of winter here and really haven't been seeing many insects lately aside from the occasional ant.  So this grasshopper seemed to come from nowhere.  And look at the size of the thing.  It's like military grade or something. I couldn't resist grabbing it of course. I mean what was I supposed to do?


This is one seriously strong grasshopper, it really took some effort to wrangle it.  Then I chased Leah around the apartment with the grasshopper in one hand and the camera in the other.  Let me tell you I got some really hilarious photos of Leah being horrified by the thing, but I'm not going to post them here.  She'd kill me or worse, so you'll just have to use your imagination.

I let the thing go outside and it flew away I then spent the rest of the night scaring Leah by looking up at the ceiling and pretending to see another one.  Ah, it's the little pleasures...

No comments:

Post a Comment