Thursday 3 December 2009

Naked Neighbors and Entertainment Options

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I got up early for my interview today and had a nice breckie.  Leah went for a run and when she left I sat on the front stoop to have my coffee.  That’s when I saw her, the naked neighbor.  Well actually this is the third time I’ve seen her.  Twice before but this time it was the full monty.

Last week I was sitting on the stoop and looked up across the street to see a woman, naked from the waist down going into her apartment from her balcony.  A few minutes later she must have been coming back out again and I heard a commotion and looked up only to see her ducked down behind the plants on the balcony looking at me.  She must have just noticed I was sitting there.  I stood up and walked back into the house, not wanting to look like a pervert. 

A couple of days later I woke up and heard the birds making a major racket outside so I took my coffee out to have a look.  There were several parrots out on the tree across the street.  Now I haven’t seen too many wild parrots in Denver and never outside of my house, so I went back in to grab the camera.  I wanted to take a few pics and document the moment.  So I’m aiming my camera at the tree across the street and hear a noise from the balcony and turned my head just in time to see a naked ass going in the house again.  Then I see the head peeking from behind the plants again and this time I’m sure that the police are going to show up at my door in a few minutes and I’m going to have to explain that I wasn’t really trying to photograph the exhibitionist on the balcony.

The police thankfully didn’t come knocking, and I forgot about the whole thing.  Until the other day, Frank asked me if I’d seen the naked woman on her balcony yet.  He says he sees her every morning and she sort of gives him the stink-eye.  I don’t know why she would, she can’t possibly expect the neighbors not to look when she’s out browning her boobies in broad daylight.  Speaking of brown boobies, this morning when I saw her I got a good look and let’s just say, you can’t unsee that which you have seen.  She’s maybe in her fifties and has spent far too much time in the sun.  I swear she looks like Magda from “There’s Something about Mary”.  The only thing missing is the little dog.  I need eye bleach.

So after the morning entertainment, I headed over to the train and took the Shorncliffe line to Nundah.  I headed out really early because I’d never been to Nundah and didn’t want to be late.  I got there more than an hour before my interview.  I sat at a café and had a long black.

I found the dealership easily enough and met with the guy about 10:30.  The job sounds just like I expected.  Parts counter guy for a Honda/Hyundai dealership.  The interview lasted about 25 minutes and I think went quite well.  He told me he’d call me back in one or two weeks tops and they were looking to hire for January 1st.  I can live with that.  He told me also that a lot of other people had applied, but I had a good chance.
I forgot to mention that while on the train, I got a call from another dealership, this one in the gold coast.  They are looking for a service advisor from 7 am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday.   The only problem with that one is the train ride would take more than an hour each way, so I’d be looking at really long days.  I’m going to try and find something closer.   Hopefully the Honda dealership will call me back. 

I got back to Toowong and stopped in the Telstra shop to call customer service again.  No progress at that time.  So I met Leah at the coffee shop and we had lunch.  When I sat down and ordered my cappuccino, the waitress asked Leah if she knew the TV show “Punky Brewster”!  Even in Oz people think Leah is the Punkster.  It’s hilarious. I think the girl was really hoping Leah was her.  

Then we went over to Kmart and bought that $40 DVD player.  Then we stopped in at Blockbuster on the corner and signed up for an account.  We wanted to rent “Lost Season 5” but it was out so we got something else.  We can’t wait to see season 5.  We spent the summer watching 1-4 and are both obsessed.

It was raining so we high tailed it home and popped in the video.  It was cloudy and rainy all day and the temp was nice and cool.  It really felt great that the heat broke for a change.  Then, SHOCK AND AWE! Telstra called!  We now have a “case manager” some guy who is obviously Indian or Pakistani but his accent is flavored with Aussie.  It’s hard to follow.  He told me they are working on my case and he will call me back in the morning.  So we’re still waiting but definitely getting closer.  Keep your fingers crossed.  We will have internet at home sometime before it’s time to come back to the states.

We had an early dinner and went over to keep Melissa and the kids company.  They were putting up their Christmas tree so Leah and I lent a hand.  Actually, I mostly distracted the kids while Leah and Melissa put up the decorations.  We really enjoy hanging out with them, the kids are adorable and Melissa and Leah chat away like long lost sisters. 

Melissa gave us a really cool deck of cards with day trips around Brisbane on each one.  We’re going to spend some time tonight going over them.  I’m sure we’ll find some fun adventures in there.  We’ll let you know.

Ok, that’s what’s happening in our world. Hope all is well in the states.

Some observations for today:
-The weather people don’t say “mostly sunny” they say “mostly fine”  I don’t know what they say when it’s gonna be crappy cause it’s been pretty nice every day.
-Putting up a Christmas tree in summer doesn’t quite feel right.
-Happy birthday Kathleen!  Someone get her a cane!
 -They don’t have US Weekly here.  Leah is having withdrawal symptoms.



1 comment:

  1. Hey I like reading these Todd. Feel like im gettin' a taste of Australia from my seat!

    ReplyDelete