Thursday 10 December 2009

The Waiting Game

Thursday, December 10th, 2009

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to the blog.  Nothing much has happened here of late.

I did finally get a call yesterday from Telstra.  They are going to install a phone line on Monday the 14th.  Internet should follow closely after that.  So at least we are making progress.

We rented Season 5 of Lost from the video store and have been busy catiching up with that.  We're both sort of obsessed with it.

We've also taken to using the computers in the library for our internet access.  They are so much faster than using the free WIFI at McDonalds.  But you can usually only reserve them for 20 or 30 minutes at a time and I've decided to use that to search for work instead of posting the blog.  Sometime soon I'll be able to post from home.  I look forward to it like a spoiled kid does christmas.

I haven't heard back from the job interview I had last week.  But I'm not concerned yet.  I have sent my CV out to about two jobs a day since we've been here.  Something will come through soon.

Ross sent us some pictures of Stanley playing in the snow.  Snow sounds pretty nice right now. 

Miss you guys.

Some observations for today:
-Aussies write and say dates differently than we do in the states.  They never put the little rd or th after the number and they put the day before the month so today would be ten-December and so on.  It gets confusing when someone asks for your date of birth. 
-If an item is $199 in a store they say "one nintey nine dollars"  They always leave out the "Hundred"
-We powered through a jar of vegemite and opted for the big jar this time. The stuff is great.  I actually made myself a vegemite sandwich the other day.  How stereotypical of me.

1 comment:

  1. This blog is awesome, thanks for sharing. It also appears we need to get skype loaded up here.

    ReplyDelete