Saturday 9 January 2010

Two Steps Forward...

Last night when I got home from work my computer wouldn't start up.  I used all of my Jedi trouble shooting skills to determine that my hard drive has taken a dump.  Needless to say I'm feeling a little annoyed right now (read: furious).

I sent an email off to HP tech support and they've responded and asked me to do a couple of other trouble shooting steps that I hadn't taken yet.  After doing that I still have an inoperable computer sitting on my desk just asking to be smashed to bits.  I'm keeping my cool.

This could turn interesting for a few reasons.  HP never sold this particular model of computer in Australia, so I'm dealing with HP USA, who are being helpful right now, but we'll see what happens if they have to ship me a replacement.  And there is something in the wording of the warranty about being out of the USA.  I'm not going to go into that just yet because the implications make me want to cry.

The implications for you, dear reader, are my posts are going to be hit or miss for a while.  I usually write them in the evening and since we only have one working computer now Leah's school work comes first. Also, Leah's laptop doesn't have a web cam so Skype sessions will be on hold until I can get mine up and running.  Hopefully it won't be too long.

Leah is already super busy with school.  In fact she's gone over to the Uni this morning to write a research paper.  She has three papers due next week alone.  Turns out graduate school is demanding.  Who knew?

So that's it for today, I'll try and keep you posted about what's happening.  In the meantime, you can still reach me at the usual email addys, or leave comments on the blog.  In fact feel free to leave more comments slash questions on the blog in general.

2 comments:

  1. Missing the Brisbane Adventures. Hope your computer is up and running soon!!!! Grandpa is missing it also, asks me everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you guys?? I'm dying for some new posts. Miss you both!!

    ReplyDelete