Wednesday 12 May 2010

Clever Post Title

Don't you love it when a sore throat morphs into a really stuffy head and runny nose?  Well I certainly don't. This is shaping up to be the longest week.  I stopped by the super market on my way home tonight and got myself some fancy tissues with aloe in them so my nose doesn't look like Rudolph's and a box of Sudafed. In a word I'm still pathetic.

Leah has a babysitting gig on Wednesdays so the agreement is she takes the car.  I have been driving to work for the last week in the interest of getting to know my way around a bit better.  I have to say though, I think I prefer the commute to work on the train to the car.  I'm barely awake in the morning anyway and sitting on the train allows me to space out for a while.  I really can't do that in a car. On the other hand, coming home on the train is kind of annoying.  Getting to work I pass the three busiest stops and by ten minutes in the train is almost empty. But on the way home it gets more and more crowded until I practically have to fight my way off at my stop.  It is nice to have a choice though.  

I've mentioned before that we are watching "Master Chef Australia"  It's pretty much like "Top Chef".  I don't know if I've mentioned our love-hate relationship with it.  Of course I'd be obsessed with a cooking show, that sort of thing has always been right up my alley.  But the judges are such pretentious snobs I can hardly stand them.  This teaser clip is all you probably need to see to understand why.  (btw, the guy with the cravat is a GIANT)




I guess that's all I know tonight, back tomorrow.  I'm going to pour a cuppa and watch Juno on the tube tonight.  Enjoy your hump day.

edit:  Last night after "Master Chef" we watched a show called "Bondi Rescue"  its a show about the life guards at Bondi Beach in Sydney.  We sometimes watch if nothing else is on and boy were we glad we did last night.  The following clip is from last nights show and the really funny bit starts at about 3:40 into it.  The clip is not safe for work but I think it's pretty safe for Moms, we about fell off the couch laughing.   Sometimes the differences between what you can show on TV here and what you could get away with in the states can be shocking.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment