Tuesday 2 March 2010

Wet Wet Tuesday

Looking back on the post from yesterday I see I was a little wordy.  I'll try and keep it short today.

I think the scuba bug has really bitten Leah now, when we got home from the island on Sunday she had her head in a scuba magazine for a few hours and was talking about how cool it would be to dive here and there.  I can't tell you how happy this makes me.  We are both longing to dive in crystal clear calm waters.  So far we've had our fill of rough seas and are thinking we'd like to head to Bali or Thailand and check out the dive sites in the magazine.  Sounds nice doesn't it?

There is one other thing Leah wanted me to mention about the dives.  She was the only girl in the group and was looking a little battered sitting on the side of the boat, so the guides put her on the bench in the center and told her to straddle it like a bucking bronco.  It was pretty funny to see her perched up on the bench while all of us guys were out in the water trying to get the boat launched in rough surf . [Leah here: just picture my frizz-pop drowned Fieval face with my chunky booty in wet suit getting thrashed around in a straddle position on a high ledge on a boat]  If you don't understand what Leah just said, don't feel left out.  For those of you who do; What's up besties?

It has done nothing but rain for the last two days here in Brisbane.  Today it didn't even let up at all.  Parts of Queensland are getting more rain in a few days than they normally get in a year.  The news is full of stories about floods and all around bad conditions.  Luckily we are not in danger of flooding at our house, but parts of the city are looking pretty sorry.  The trains are all running late and it's a pain being wet going to work but the cool weather is nice.  The upside for us is we actually have a reason to use a blanket to sleep.  The temp stayed in the low twenties all day and it's really nice to put on a pair of jeans and not sweat your nuts off.  (Sorry to rub it in your face North America)

Leah is back to school this week after a two week break.  I've lost my personal chef and we have to get back to sharing the responsibilities in the kitchen.  It's amazing how quickly I got spoiled by that.  She has also picked up a baby sitting gig for a friend of our neighbor once or twice a week and is going to be starting a job working for a woman who has cerebral palsy on Thursday's and Sunday's.  This is going to be really great on the job experience for her and will be a nice added bit of income for us.  We've got to support our vacation habits somehow.

I got a pretty funny e-mail today from Ben in Denver calling me out for using the "re" ending for words like centre and metre.  All I can say in my defense is, when in Rome...  I hope he doesn't mind but I'm going to share it cause it gave Leah and I a great laugh.  One has to count on their friends to keep them grounded.

Dive "Centre"?  really?

On behalf of America, I hearby announce you a got-dang ferriner.  Have fun in Mexico, ya pinko.

Sincerely,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment