Tuesday 23 March 2010

Yikes! Just Look at the Time!

Wow time has gotten away from me tonight and it's almost bed time.  Since today is Taco Tuesday I'm happily stuffed and ready for bed.  Leah has a cake in the oven and my mouth is watering a bit, even though there is no reason to be hungry.  It's cake, what can I say?

Yesterday at work the parts department (represent y'all) was presented with brand new ipod's as a reward for winning a national parts sales campaign.  Actually the contest is in two parts and we've won the first, the second reward is a trip to Sydney.  Keep your fingers crossed.  I spent much of the day trying to help my boss and Kev get their new devices up and running, neither one of them have owned one before and I'm the designated pro.

I already have an ipod but this one is different to the one I own in that it has a built in camera and FM radio.  I haven't spent much time listening to the radio here.  We don't own a radio and we don't own a car.  So I haven't been exposed much to talk radio or even the rush hour drive shows here.  I enjoyed it today and look forward to having more of it in my life.  I didn't realize how much that was missing.  There is a built in pedometer in this one so I can get some idea of just how much walking I'm doing.  (a lot)  I don't exactly need it, but hey, I like toys, especially free ones.

Health care reform!  It's pretty big news here, with the general consensus among Australians being "It's about time!"  and though I don't want this to be a political blog, let me say "It's about time!"   And one small thing before you get your feathers ruffled.  When polled 49% of Americans are against the reforms, but the same people, when asked about each individual aspect of the bill, think almost every portion is a good idea.  That says to me that the opposition is doing a good job of pulling the wool over peoples eyes.  And that's the end of my political rant for today.

Tomorrow is my regularly scheduled "Stink and Drink" (props to Doc G for the name) with the guys from work so don't look for a post, but I'll be back on Thursday.  Maybe I'll talk a bit about spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment