Thursday 25 March 2010

Hmmm, Hungover again? I'm starting to notice a pattern.

Ok, so perhaps drinking every Wednesday night isn't that great of an idea.  I got up this morning feeling pretty second hand.  The little gnomes in my skull were mining away at the shriveled raisin that was previously my brain and the wouldn't relent.  Note to self: Do not let Kev pour all of your drinks.  Our gathering in three weeks has gone from just me and Kev, to six yesterday. And It looks like we've piqued the interest of a couple more. We've started something here I think.  I really enjoy having an opportunity to hang out with the boys and look forward to it.  I just have to learn to pace myself, I have to remember I'm not on the high altitude drinking team anymore.

I'm not sure if it's just because I'm getting older or because I've been letting myself get a little dehydrated, but lately I've had several cramps in the middle of the night that jerk me straight out of bed.  Last night my calf tightened up and I had to grab my toes and stretch it out.  It took me a while to fall back to sleep and when I finally did, the alarm went off way too early for my liking.

I got to work and the aforementioned Kev was chipper as a chipmunk and  happy to be alive.  Sometimes I hate Kev.  I warned him, (Cue Yoda voice) when 36 years old he gets, avoid hangovers he will not.  HMMMMmm. But I don't think he really believes me.

I'm really starting to notice the days getting shorter lately.  The sun comes up later and sets earlier. By the time I get home now (about 5:45) it's nearly dark. The day's will never get as short as they do in Denver or Chicago but it is noticeable.  The weather has been outstanding lately.  If it stayed this way all year it would be perfect.  The nights are nice and cool but not even close to anything you could call cold.  It's hard to imagine what winter is going to be like here.  I'm sure it will be mild.

That's all I've got for today kiddies.  I'm tired and Kev has the day off tomorrow so I'm sure I'll be busy.  Better hit the sack early and get some rest.  Enjoy Thursday.

Word

3 comments:

  1. Todd I need a blog update! You're killin me over here :) Pics too please! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd...I'm lonely for you...whats going on?
    Had a couple with Mom and Dad G last night.
    Happy Easter.
    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOuld you PLEASE start blogging again? You can't just stop!!!!

    ReplyDelete