Wednesday 3 March 2010

What's up Wednesday?

It rained again most of the day today and it has finally stopped.  Three full days of rain is a little depressing.  Lost is on tonight and I don't have much to write about.

For some reason I really miss my dog today.  

Well that sounds pretty morose.  I'm actually in a pretty good mood, I just have writer's block tonight.  Wednesday is in the books and I'm ready for a weekend already.  We don't have plans to get out of town and are trying to plan some cheap and fun activities.  We have been told about a scuba shop that's supposed to have the widest selection in Queensland and are hoping to check it out on Saturday.  Have I mentioned that all the shops pretty much close at 5:30 pm here.  Thursday's are set aside as "late shopping night" and a lot of stores stay open til 8:00 or so.  Not this shop, however.

We got notice from our landlord that the lease is almost up and we have decided to re-sign for a year.  They are raising our rent by $5 a week.  I don't know why but we figure it's worth it.   I can't imagine trying to find another place to live right now and we are pretty happy here anyway.  We could use a firmer mattress and a stove would be welcome but we can tough it out for another year.  It feels more like home every day.

Happy hump day.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Thomas will be thrilled as........we could have worse neighbours.....!! And at least the rent won't go up for another year, the mattress can be dealt with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You dont have a stove? Are you cooking on a hot plate?

    ReplyDelete