Friday 19 February 2010

I Got Nothin'

I've been sitting on the couch watching tv for the last few hours and trying to think of something to write about tonight.  I'm not sure I've got anything worth preserving for posterity.

We have been invited to dinner and drinks this Saturday and are going to stay in town.  We'll probably be up early and head to the markets at west end.  It's funny how spoiled we are getting having access to the fresh produce.  The supermarket doesn't seem to cut it anymore.

There is a sort of quasi-news program on tv every night here called the 7pm Project and they were joking about the Olympics tonight.  One of the presenters was saying how hard she found it to care about them at all.  I did see that an Aussie woman won gold in a snowboard event, but the winter games aren't hugely popular here.  In fact I had to scroll through a bunch of rugby and cricket stories just to find the link to that.

Leah got two issues of US weekly again today and she figures that she is up to date on the celeb goss now. Leah is really enjoying her couple of weeks of freedom from school work and has taken advantage by reading several books for fun. I've been reading a book that Melissa lent to me that is the diary of her great-great uncle (I think) when he was a swag man bumming around Queensland in 1930.  It's a really interesting read and I've almost read the whole thing in a few days.  The guy was in his twenties and left a secure job to bum around Queensland a survive off of government rations for a year. Talk about an adventure.

Well, I guess that's all I know. Sometimes I just haven't got it, and clearly tonight is one of those nights.  We'll be back on Monday, hopefully refreshed and with some interesting stories.  Until then, enjoy Friday and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment