Thursday 11 February 2010

Road Trip Panning

Last night I went to Kev's for a couple of hours after work to help him with a project.  I didn't expect to be eaten alive by mossies.  Mosquitoes  are part of the bargain when you live in Queensland.  You just have to learn to live with them.  We don't have screens on our windows and get a few bites once in a while during the night.  But what I witnessed yesterday was like the mosquito apocalypse.  The project at hand called for us to be out in the front yard and in the grass.  I don't know why Kev's place is so much worse than ours but the mossies there were hell bent on my destruction.  Those of you who were on our canoe trip last summer and remember the night we spent on that muddy beach will have some idea of just how many there were last night as soon as the sun went down.  I must have a hundred itchy red bites today.  If I come down with Dengue fever I'm going to punch Kev in the nuts.

Leah had a final exam for one of her classes this afternoon and has her last tomorrow.  We are borrowing a car this weekend and are planning on heading up the coast towards a town called Noosa Heads.  Hopefully the weather stays nice for us and we can have a few adventures to report here.  I'm starting to get frustrated trying to come up with interesting things to write about and we need to recharge the batteries a bit.

Here's a map of the general route we plan on taking. We haven't gone any further north from here than Beerwah, home of the Australia Zoo. We are going to try and make as many detours as we can and see the area.  It should take a couple of hours to drive straight there but we plan on taking our time.  I'm not sure if we'll get a chance to do a scuba dive, but I'm up for it if we do.


If you don't have it, you should download Google Earth.  It's like Google Maps with a lot of really awesome extra stuff.  Send me an email and I'll give you our address. You can see what our house looks like... FROM SPACE!!!!!!11!

No comments:

Post a Comment