Thursday 25 February 2010

Stradbroke Island Here We Come

I didn't forget about the blog yesterday, I went bowling, actually "ten pin bowling" as they say here, with some of the guys from work.  As you know just hanging with the fellas isn't something I get to do very often so I was pretty happy to skip a blog day for it.  I didn't get home until almost 11:00 pm well past the normal bed time and was tired as all day.  And I couldn't afford to be slow at work today as we were absolutely hammered with calls today.

Pretty much since I came home tonight we've been packing our packs for a trip.  We're taking the ferry over to North Stradbroke Island tomorrow.  I get to leave at noon and we're catching the train direct to the ferry stop.  We've booked a couple of dives and have our fingers crossed that the weather cooperates.  We really will be camping this time and we may catch some rain.  I don't care about that as long as the water is clear.

I'm sorry we left you all (Aussies would say Youse but I just can't bring myself to do it) high and dry yesterday and we're skipping out on Friday for you this week but hopefully we'll make it up with some entertaining stories and perhaps a new video or two.  This will be our first camping trip done totally without a car and we're both a little nervous to see how it goes.  Wish us luck.  We should have another post for Monday, but maybe we can get something up on Sunday if we're not too worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment